Ditch fat-laden snacks like caramel popcorn and cheese log and enjoy the holiday season sans guilt with these ten healthy (and mouth-watering) appetizer recipes:
- Buffalo Mushroom Poppers: If you love all things mushroom like I do, you’ll fall in love with this recipe in a heartbeat! Filled with spicy jalapeño, cheddar and cream cheese, these baked mushroom poppers are a healthy twist on classic jalapeño poppers recipe. I swapped cream cheese in the original recipe with Greek yogurt to make it more healthy. You can also use hummus or cottage cheese as a substitute. Check out the recipe here. I also tried and liked this Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobellos recipe.
- Smoked Salmon Pinwheels: This is hands down one of the easiest party appetizer recipes out there. Made with just four ingredients, the whole thing can be put together in just 20 minutes! Not to mention, salmon is an excellent source of key nutrients such as protein, Vitamin B-6 and heart-healthy fats. Here’s the simple recipe.
- Brussel Sprouts Sliders: Packed with Vitamin C and fiber, these small, delectable slider ‘buns’ are a perfect appetizer option for any holiday cocktail party. They’re colorful, easy-to-make and contain less than 150 calories. Get the recipe here.
- Mini Turkey Meatballs: These tender, flavorful meatballs are great any time of the year, especially during the holiday season. Just dip them in fresh cranberry sauce and pop them in your mouth! Get the recipe here. You might also want to try this Paleo-friendly Sweet Potato and Avocado Bliss Balls recipe.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops: Made with scallops, tangy olives, prosciutto and sun-dried tomatoes, this protein-packed appetizer is a guaranteed party pleaser. Get the recipe here. These recipes for Prosciutto-Wrapped Honey Lemon Shrimp and Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus are also highly recommended.
- Goat Cheese Queso Dip with Vegetable Chips: This appetizer recipe is a fun way to up your veggie intake during the holidays. Use homemade baked vegetable chips (I prefer beet chips for this 0ne) and fresh yogurt, instead of sour cream, to make the recipe even more nutritious. Get the recipe here.
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Raspberry Chile Sauce: These sweet coconut crusted bites are sure to be a hit at any holiday soirée. Plus, you can easily whip up a batch in 15 minutes. Here’s the recipe. Meanwhile, if you follow keto diet, check out this delightful recipe for Low Carb Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Chickpea Salad Boats: These Instagram-worthy salad boats are loaded with nutrients like vitamins, protein, iron and calcium. Plus, they taste as great as they look! Nuff said. Here’s the full recipe.
- Baked Broccoli Cheese Balls: Packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin D, protein and calcium, these scrumptious bites are a holiday crowd pleaser. Serve them with a yogurt or mustard dip. Get the recipe here. You might also want to check out this recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Bites.
- Roasted Beet Hummus with Hazelnuts and Goat Cheese: This delicious dip packs the goodness of earthy sweet beets, toasted hazelnuts and creamy goat cheese. Pair it with crudités, pita chips or wholewheat crackers and you’re good to go! Here’s the recipe.
Ditch fat-laden snacks like caramel popcorn and cheese log and enjoy the holiday season sans guilt with these ten healthy (and mouth-watering) appetizer recipes: Buffalo Mushroom Poppers: If you love all things mushroom like I do, you’ll fall in love with this recipe in a heartbeat! Filled with spicy […]